About The Priest Turning His Back At Mass
Next time you hear someone complaining that in the Tridentine Mass the priests gives his back to the faithful, you may want to ask him the following questions:
1) Is he offended that the people sitting in front of them in the pews turn their back to him?
2) Shouldn’t the Mass, then, be held with the faithful in a nice half circle of one row only?
3) Does he know what a Tabernacle really is? You might have to explain this I’m afraid. When you have explained, you may ask:
4) Has he noticed how the priest is placed relative to the Tabernacle during the New Mass?
5) So who should the priest face: God or the faithful?
Of course you always run the chance of someone answering “the faithful, as God is not offended but the faithful are”.
But at least you’ll know whom you are talking to.
Posted on June 9, 2011, in Catholicism and tagged Catholic, Catholicism, Conservative Catholic, conservative catholicism, Ecclesia Dei, God, Mass of Paul VI, Priest, Religion and Spirituality, Summorum Pontificum, Tridentine Mass. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.