Daily Archives: April 14, 2014
The jury has been out a long time – but only because we are charitable, and he the Successor of Peter – to decide whether the Bishop of Rome is merely a minus habens or a positively evil one.
It is somewhat difficult to say, because the man is so unconcerned with contradicting himself in the most blatant way, so utterly indifferent whether he makes any sense at all or not, that a case of sheer stupidity cannot be excluded. What is certain, is that if a politician went around spreading the same nonsense day in and day out Francis regales us with, the world would laugh out loud, and he wouldn't be a politician for long.
Very recently, the Bishop of Rome gave us another stunning example of this astonishing behaviour: first he assured us that the Devil exists, and then he told us one of his most evil actions is to lead people to gossip.
As to the first part, yes we can read, and we know even the Gospel mentions the devil. Francis must think his audience have no idea at all of Christianity to make such platitudes the object of a homily. I mean, some not well meaning heretics may think that no one goes to hell, but no sane Christian would doubt the existence of the Devil.
Note, though, that in Francis' Catholic Disneyland there is no serious consequence attached to this existence of Satan: if God slaps us in the wrist at most – most days, I mean; on other days he sends you to hell if you are a mafioso; on no day common people are in danger of damnation – and following one's conscience is enough even if one is an atheist, Francis' Satan is nothing else than a bearded and horned nincompoop spinning around for no real or lasting purpose.
This cretinous thinking is shown by the other “teaching” of the Destroyer In Chief: Satan's great effort in order to lead us to… gossip.
Let us say it again: the same man living under the roof of a sodomite tells us the devil wants to make you gossip. How a man could be so senseless is difficult to even fathom, which is why on the balance one might well conclude Francis isn't really stupid, he just hopes we think so.
And by the way, why this obsession with gossip? Can it be entirely casual that we are confronted with a Bishop of Rome who, whilst the entire West sinks in a pit of sexual perversion and threatens Christianity in an increasingly more evident way even in the West, is concerned about… gossip?
Could it rather not be that this rather strange character has every reason to fear revelations concerning his own past, his own character, his own very sexual behaviour at some point or other? And that he tries to prevent this by warning us about thinking ill of… him? How can, otherwise, this fixation with gossip whilst Christianity drowns in a see of perversion and he himself lives near to sodomites be halfway rationally explained?
And if this is so – and it might well be so: this is a former bouncer, and they aren't known for being innocent violets; nor would he be the first prelate who is blackmailed because of his past – would it then not provide a logical, rational, understandable (but not justifiable) explanation of the astonishing silence of this man, worrying about gossip as the West sinks in a pit of sexual perversion and, soon, outright persecution of real Christians?
I am no fan of conspiracy theories, because conspiracy theories are, basically without exception, outlandish in their very object and obviously aimed at explaining some absurd theory behind them. But here it is different: what is outlandish, unreal, utterly absurd is a Pope concerned with gossip as Christianity is threatened all over the West, and to try to give a logical explanation to this absurd behaviour is, in fact, the rational and logical thing to do.
There is a perfectly logical – if morally untenable; but then Bergoglio was always morally untenable – explanation for a man apparently so astonishingly blind as this one: thatvthe gay mafia – in the Vatican or outside – has him in his hands. Then, it all makes sense: the necessity to keep the pervert near him, basically controlling through his staff everyone who gets in or out; the countless episodes of downplaying of both sodomitical behaviour and gay mafia, and the slowly absurd attempts at deflecting the attention from the issue of sexual perversion when the entire West doesn't talk of anything else.
Mind, this does not have to be so. The man would be Modernist enough in his outlook even if he were to notice the gravity of the sin of the sodomites, and would not surround himself with characters like Monsignor Ricca; and that he isn't a genius, but is very fond of popularity, should by now be clear even to a very dim intelligence.
It does not have to be so. But if you ask me it is plausible to think that it might be so; because it gives a logical, plausible, rational explanation to the absurd, outlandish, unreal, beyond stupid phenomenon of a Pope blabbering nonsense about gossip as the world is excoriated by the flame-throwers of the Gaystapo.
Prompted by a recent comment, I thought it useful to give a semi-serious – in this blog everything is worth a smile, but everything is deadly serious – instruction about what I think is the proper behaviour at the dreaded moment of the “sign of peace”.
I propose three scenarios, and the appropriate behaviour for them.
1. You refuse to give the sign of peace. You are immediately branded as a dangerous Neo-Pelagian. An enemy of Vatican II. A Franco follower. Good! in time, there might be more like you. Catholic dictators are vastly underrated.
2. You get offered the sign of peace by someone near you, in a very dignified way. The poor chap (or chapess) is clearly suffering, too. Give him the hand as you would at a funeral. Let him know you feel his pain, so that he can feel yours. Offer it up to God. He will probably do the same.
3. You get offered the “sign of peace” by some aspiring Florence Nightingale (again, of either sex) thinking she is rescuing you from your miserable existence full of conflict and quarrel and transporting you in the Wonderful World Of Peace. Repay her with the same money, returning her handshake with such compassionate transport as to let her look like Gekko on a bad day; pay attention that your eyes and your entire facial expression exude Unspeakable Cosmic Goodness, and always remember to “make the roof” with your eyebrows: assuming the wounded and suffering, but sympathetic expression of Charity Confronted With Disgrace. You might have to practice a bit in front of the mirror, but “the roof” can be mastered pretty well if you are an eager student.
So, that was it with my little suggestions. Take them as you please, and practice them as much as you like.
If anyone should complain of your lack of sensitivity (point 1) or exaggerated zeal (point 3) act as follows:
1. Become extremely “hurt” and “wounded”.
2. Make sure everyone around you notice.
3. Go on until the offender apologises. Mercilessly, and with true “wounded bitch” passive-aggressive attitude. Then assume the convalescing expression of the one who might never get rid of the scar, but will – now that apologies were made – start to “heal” the wound. Possibly. And very slowly, anyway.
The Triduum is coming. You may have some need for these little skills.