Synod: Let The Leaking Begin

The unprecedented step of a synod reminding one of the Soviet Politburo was, very obviously, taken so that the most shameless prelates may discuss in private what they would not – at least for now – dare to say in public.

We have already seen that this is working, with even the idea of leaving aside those nasty words like “sin” being floated around. TMAHICH is, no doubt, rejoicing.

The way I see it, there is one simple way to at least damage, if not altogether stop, this mechanism: leaking like there's no tomorrow.

Bishop Titius proposes something outlandish – say: ceremonies of “collective forgiveness” with concubines, where they are collectively absolved and can then line up for communion; things like that -. His proposal in on the blogosphere the day after, with his Christian name, family name, diocese, and photos of his residence. I doubt many others will feel encouraged to continue with the exercise.

The secrecy is there to encourage the breaking of taboos. The leaking would make this shame public, and help to stop the worst from happening. TMAHICH would soon discover it's not so easy to stage a worldwide demolition exercise.

Dear Bishops and Cardinals of good will, if anyone is reading me now, please take my words to heart.

Let the leaking begin.

M

Posted on October 9, 2014, in Catholicism, Conservative Catholicism, Traditional Catholicism and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. 11 Comments.

  1. Do you think perhaps Francis will convene a synod to begin to rewrite scripture next? Obviously the incident related in John of the Samaritan woman will have to go. How harsh of Jesus to say to her, “You are right in saying, “I have no husband”; for you have had five husbands, and he whom you now have is not your husband; this you said truly.” (Jn. 4:17,18).
    We have moved beyond adultery, hell, mortal sin, sodomy, etc. A carnival atmosphere prevails in the Vatican with many cardinals happily assisting in handing out “cotton candy” doctrines.
    My other question. Who will answer for all the lost souls? What a sobering thought.

    • He has started already.
      Psalm 8 has been raped not once, but twice. Verbatim, and for all the world to see.

      I think the priests of this generation will pay a horrible price. It is difficult to think of another era where mor epriests are in danger of damnation. The XVIII century, perhaps, but I very much doubt.

      M

    • No need to rewrite – simply “renew” and “re-read”.

      §30 of the Synod’s Instrumentum Laboris, “A Call for a Renewal in Terms of Language”:

      “In this regard, respondents propose bringing the issue to public discussion and developing the idea of biblical inspiration and the “order in creation,” which could permit a re-reading of the concept of the natural law in a more meaningful manner in today’s world.”

      That smell you just noticed is the devil.

  2. Imagine the spectacle of Cardinals getting frisked for recording devices on entering the building — and then photos of the frisking getting leaked! 🙂

  3. I very much fear that any leakers will be on the liberal/modernist wings. Those opposing will more likely keep silent as requested. I wouldn’t mind betting a one-sided take on Synod discussions is exactly what the BoR is hoping for.

  4. I know that you can’t read everything, but here’s an article from Christopher A. Ferrara at The Remnant Newspaper of today : « The Secret Synod Freak Show, Brought to You by Pope Francis ». Each word is a jewel !

    http://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php

    Rhizotomos
    Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat !

  5. A horrible price in the XVIIIth Century : in France, yes, but for other reasons, because of the French Revolution. The price paid was for staying truthful to the Church, and so hundreds and hundreds of religious (priests, friars, sisters) were slaught on the guillotine.

    Anyone around in the Synod to follow their steps ?

    Rhizotomos
    Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat !

    • No, I was thinking rather of the corrupt clergy very spread all over Europe in those times. But certainly, France showed where we were, with 90% of French priests ready to be laicised without a word (the other 10% went to paradise, via guillotine).

      And still, I think even those priests made a vastly better work than ours.

      M

  6. I just had a thought, the secrecy also allows them to take note of the orthodox Bishops in order to get rid of them later without the appearances of it being blow back from the synod. But I’m a bit paranoid these days, it’s hard not to be once you have discovered the Gulags.

%d bloggers like this: