If Satan Became Pope…
Let us imagine, just for the sake of it, that Satan were to manage to take human form, enter the Church, climb the career ladder and, one day, be elected Pope by very naive Cardinals fully in the dark as to what they are doing. What do you think he would do? Would he boldly declare: “I am, actually, Satan, so please start dismounting everything here, and let’s move over to Satan worship?”. Of course not.
What he would do is, no doubt, something along these lines:
1. Downplay the role of the Church in the economy of Salvation.
2. Downplay the importance of Doctrine;
3. Scream “luv” as loud as he can, and slowly implant a new religion of fluffy feelings instead of his real enemy, Christianity; saying, for example, that what the herd thinks or wishes is what the Holy Ghost wants them to think and wish.
4. Subtly downplay or implicitly insult everything Catholics hold as sacred: telling them that Jesus willfully deceived His Apostles, or that the Blessed Virgin may have thought she had been deceived.
5. Introduce a new god, a god of “surprises”; that the real surprise is, in fact, Satan he would, of course, not say. What the “surprises” are he would make, though, abundantly clear: desecration of communion, and acceptance of sexual perversion as the two mainstays.
6. Deflect the attention from spiritual issues, and direct it on purely social themes, say: poverty, social justice, the environment.
7. Continuously insult those good Catholics whom he knows would be fierce critics of his agenda. They are bad, he would say. Hypocrites. Dead inside. Holy card faces. Old maids with flight attendance smiles. Ugh!
8. Fake humility, modesty, and nearness to the poor; whilst living in luxury anyway, and behaving like the Prince of Bullies. Promote a personality cult as a gateway to a cult of man, in which the (un)faithful are encouraged to worship themselves and their own errors.
9. Downplay the very role and public image, and with that the authority, of the Papacy; unless such authority comes handy to repress sound Catholic orders, or react to one’s own bishops demanding orthodoxy.
Please read this little list again, and tell me whether any one of these points would not be in the interest of Satan, and would not push forward his own position, if he (absurdly, and for the sake of the discussion) became Pope.
Now: for the sake of the occasional readers of this blog, among which must be some leftists of – as all leftists – not very bright intellect, I must make clear that I am not stating that Francis is Satan. I know there would be no need to write this, but it is fitting to do it just to make this blog post, ahem, dumbo-proof…
What I am getting to is that this clown of ours is doing everything that Satan himself would do, if he were to (absurdly, and for the sake of the discussion) be elected Pope.
This is the main problem with The Most Astonishing Hypocrite In Church History (TMAHICH ™): whether he is willingly bent (yes: bent) on damaging the Church or “merely” caring about his own popularity among the unbelieving herd without any thought for the consequences, the result is the same: he does everything that a hypothetical Pope Satan would do do inflict to the Church as much damage as he can.
Read the list again. Compare its points with the reality on the ground.
And be ready for confrontation in the family, at work, with friends, in church, everywhere.