The Truckload Of Papal Environ-Mentalism Will Arrive June 18
On June 18 the new encyclical about the Environment will be released, for the joy of mainstream plate-licking journalists and bloggers and the laugh of the sane part of the planet.
My forecasts below. If I am right, you read it here first!
1. It will be very long. If you write rubbish, at least write a lot of it. It will impress the simple. The “apostolic exhortation” aptly called “I will make you sleep”, or the like, is a very bad omen.
2. It will be full of the tritest, most populist slogans about the rich damaging the poor by ruining the environment, and the like. New socialist or environmentalist commandments, or at least socialist and environmentalist capital sins, might be invented, or it might be discovered they were there already. There will be an awful lot of Socialist propaganda mixed with the environ-madness. Francis isn't one known for restraint on that matter. He will use the occasion.
3. It will, on the whole, espouse the cause of the environ-mentalists in full, and contain a lot of pseudo-science simply taken for granted. If you thought that the recent visit of thinking scientists and the revision it triggered would have the effect of the madness being taken away, you can abandon all hope now: the short delay clearly means there has been no more than some cosmetic adjustment and removal and the most scandalous phrases. On the whole, the encyclical will continue to stink. Which, it being rubbish, is fairly obvious.
4. It will contain images of speech and rhetorical flourishes of the stupidest sort, like the environment being “poor”, or the Apostles being the first environmentalists, and the like. The Holy Ghost will be credited with an environmental awareness never suspected before. The gullible will swallow it whole. I am very curious to see what the Frankie Boys will come up with.
5. It will either contain, or imply, the idea that this new “orientation” is Very Big News in the history of the Church, as the Holy Ghost has now decided we use the kettle far too much. Cue an entire army of faggots explaining to us how the Church now “modernises her thinking”. How do they say that in Italy? Oh, yes: aggiornamento. Francis, the Historic Renewer. Francis, the Enviro-Pioneer. Francis, the Eco-Marx.
6. It will be earth-related. Supernatural aspects will only be abused to serve the Enviro-Socialist propaganda. If you consume too much energy you don't love Jesus. Rubbish like that.
6. It will embarrass Francis' memory for all times to come. Future generations will be astonished at the childishness and stupidity. They will not know most of the “off-the-cuff” comments, therefore they will meet this madness unprepared.
“But Mundabor! Mundabor! How can you criticise the encyclical without even reading it?”
Heavens! Where do you live, on Mars? Did you need Hitler to release the Nuremberg Laws in order to know they were complete rubbish? No, you didn't. You knew what kind of chap Hitler was and you knew what the work was about.
A Pope is playing environmental prophet, and you think anything less than horrible may come out of it? Don't make me laugh…
A propos laugh, prepare yourself for many,long ones. It's the healthiest reaction. And the best treatment for the Evil Clown.