How Will We Get Out Of This? Some Daydreaming
In the desperate situation in which we find ourselves today – marked, mark my words, not only by a heretical Pope, but by universal cowardice and acquiescence from the Cardinals and almost all Bishops – one may legitimately wonder how we will ever be able to have a Catholic Pope again. More and more Francis Cardinals, and the cowardice of those who were there already, should, if the Church were not the Barque of Peter, certainly spell her end and cause her to go the way of the Methodists and Quackers.
However, for God nothing is impossible. Trusting in His promise of Indefectibility, I will try to imagine some of the ways in which He will, when the appointed time has come, right the Barque again.
- Francis dies (please, Lord!). Evil FrancisCardinals want to continue the way of the Francis, but want a smarter guy to do it. They elect a smarter version of Bergoglio. He takes the name Francis II, and many think that all is lost. God converts him to Catholicism.
- Francis dies (please, Lord!) and we see another Revolt of the Kitten like at the first Synod. Cardinals are terrified of another Francis and decide to go back to the old ways, electing another Ratzinger or JP II guy. God finishes to convert him to Catholicism.
- Francis dies (please, Lord!) and the Cardinals elect a guy like Sixtus V: allegedly old, frail, innocuous, manipulable, and not around for long. The man turns out to be like the real Sixtus V: strong, energetic, fearless, and pretending to be frail, innocuous and about to depart this vale of tears to get a chance at the office.
- Francis dies (please, Lord!). God works on the Cardinals to let them elect a Pope that puts an end to creeping Schism and elect a strong guy able to get order, like John Paul I was believed to be after the weak Paul VI. God finishes to convert him to Catholicism.
- Francis dies (please, Lord!), and God sends to the Cardinals in conclave the most atrocious nightmares about hell. They talk nonsense to each other during the day and are terrified at night, but no one tells the others because they are ashamed of it. Suddenly they converge on a man who is terrified himself. God finishes to convert him to Catholicism.
This is just a short reflection to bring a smile to your face. In the end, God can do everything, and when He in His wisdom has decided that we have been punished for long enough He will set things right.
We, the faithful, do what the name says: we remain faithful to the faith of our fathers, and wish Francis and his minions a speedy departure from this vale of tears and the destination God has already appointed for them.